Home About Love Story Belly Shots Birth Stories Sponsor Contact

9.17.2012

Show & Tell: remembering high school



1. Tell us what kind of student you were in high school {popular, nerd, sport obsessed, choir, etc}

My school was so tiny that we all kind of were intermixed.
I was shy my freshman year and then after I made friends & knew everyone {and I mean pretty much every.single.person in my school}
I was not!
Everyone knew who I was... 
I wasn't quiet to say the least. 
And I pretty much hung out with everyone. 
I did have my core group of friends but I wandered between everyone.  

2. Share with us some high school pictures. We know you have them somewhere. 

Photobucket
Meagan, Tiffany, me & Lindsay

Photobucket
Jennifer, Matty, Tiffany & me

Photobucket
Tiffany, Andy, me, & Corey

Photobucket
Tiffany, Melialani, Stacy, & me

Photobucket
Corey, me, Tiffany & Andy

As you can see Tiffany was my best friend {and still is}.
We've been friends since we were in 7th grade or 11 years old.
So almost 20 years!
My core group of friends consisted of Tiffany, Matty, Andy, Corey, Jennifer, Jenn {I can't find any pics with her in them :(}, Melialani, Stacy, Meagan & Lindsay.

3. Tell us about your school. Private? Public? How many in graduating class? Mascots? School colors?

I went to a small private school in Portland, OR.
I had 61 people in my graduating class and I can tell you everyones names!
Our mascot was the cougar and our school colors were blue & gold.  

4. Tell us about some of your favorite memories of high school. Or what stands out the most? Any teachers? Specific classes? 

ha ha favorite memories...
I have so many!
But going to Fiji both JR & SR year provided some of the best.
I spent a lot of time in Madson's office my JR & SR year with my friends
{it was kind of our hangout during school hours if we didn't want to go to class or during lunch.
I also worked for him grading papers & I watched his daughter a couple days a week after school.
Plus he was pretty cool & didn't care what we did.}
Since my school was so small & we came from all over the Portland-metro area the school was the meet-up point so we had a ton hangout time outside the school after hours with our music blasting...
we called it our dance party
{which was totally rebellious because our religion does NOT believe in dancing at all!}
SR year I went to every basketball game with about 4 or 5 of my friends.
It was a great 4 years!

5. Tell us a piece of advice you would pass on to your children or any child entering high school.  

Enjoy every.single.second!
Don't take it for granted...
It was some of the best years of my life and I wanted it to go by so fast that I missed a lot!
Also join clubs, groups, sports, etc.
Just get involved.
Try to make friends with as many people as possible & don't be sucked into those stupid clicks!
Everyone has something to offer so make friends with everyone.





 

No comments:

Quote PiYo CHALLENGE PACK: DEFINE YOURSELF AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY OFFER!
Blogging tips