Home About Love Story Belly Shots Birth Stories Sponsor Contact

2.08.2012

Our Love Story

I am linking up with Becky from Mrs. to Mama for her What's your love story linky party. I thought it would be fun to share with you our little journey to where we are today! :)

Photobucket

1. How long have you and your significant other been together?


It will be 5 years in April.

Photobucket

2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}


Our friends introduced us at his hockey game. He was getting ready to go play and we only said hi to each other but he asked my friends boyfriend if we could all go to dinner after the game and we did and then we have been together ever since that!


3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? {do tell}


We will have been married for 4 years in June.

Photobucket

4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding? If not, where would you like to get married? And will it be big or small? 


We got married at the The Old Church downtown Portland, OR and then our reception was in West Linn, OR at the Oregon Golf Club. It was a big wedding with about 250 guests. 


5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!


I call him honey and that's about it. He stopped calling me baby after we got married. :(


6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.


He is strong, caring and willing to do anything it takes to take care of us. He works so hard so that I can have the chance to stay home with our son. Oh and he's the best daddy in the world!


7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?


We got engaged in Disneyland. We went on vacation there about 4 months after we met and started dating. It wasn't a huge surprise because I had a suspicions about it because we were talking about it for awhile. The actual proposal took place at the Blue Bayou restaurant {in the Pirate's of the Caribbean ride} it was after we had eaten dinner and he said, "can I ask you something without you getting mad or upset with me?" and it totally threw me off! Then he said, "Libby Wilson, will you marry me?" And then I got really excited and happy {I did not cry which was a huge shock to us both because I cry over EVERYTHING!} and then a lady at a table next to us started yelling 'kiss her, kiss her' and so he did. It was quite funny actually.

Photobucket

8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals? 


I think I'd have to say flowers and teddy bear kind of guy. He's romantic but not extravagant kind of romantic.


9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?


It totally depends on my mood. I love the romantic dinners and spending time with my honey but I also love a good relaxing night on the couch with him.


10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?


I want to go to Italy, Greece, Austria, France, Germany, and Australia someday!


11. Tell us what you plan on doing this Valentine's Day.


Ha ha well on Vday this year we are not doing anything. But we are going to celebrate on the 17th because it's his day off and when we could get a grandma to watch our little man for us.


12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's Day?


Yes, the Breaking Dawn movie and a Dressing on the Side t-shirt.


13. Give us one piece of advice for keeping a relationship strong and full of love. 


Talk out your problems. Don't just let them stew because that just makes things 10x worse! Communication is the key to a good relationship and it's not just a cliche... it really is the key to being in a happy relationship.


14. Show us a picture of what love means to you. 


Photobucket

Libby Signature

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Ah! This is so cute! I will steal it and do it on my blog if thats ok??

Mandy@ a sorta fairytale said...

I have been seeing these cute posts everywhere, so adorable! I love that you got engaged in Disneyland!!! That's my favorite place in the world!

Lindsey said...

Libby I absolutely lovvveeeee your story!!! Sooo sweet!!! :)

The Bonjour Four said...

how precious is this! might have to do it too!

ana {bluebirdkisses} said...

I'm a follower of yours on instagram and I finally made my way over here to check out your super cute blog! Its been on my to-do list for a while, but life seems to have got in the way :S

I love this link up, its given me such a cute intro into who you are! Your little guy is perfect and so so cute btw :)

nicole. said...

i absolutely LOVE that last photo. soooo sweet.

Quote PiYo CHALLENGE PACK: DEFINE YOURSELF AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY OFFER!
Blogging tips