Home About Love Story Belly Shots Birth Stories Sponsor Contact

2.06.2013

5 minute makeup routine

This makeup routine is for those days that you have about 30 minutes to get yourself 
and your kiddos ready to run out the door on last minute errands or play dates 
but you don't want to leave without a little makeup.

5 min makeup



This may sound weird but I use these when I am in a time crunch or just want a little refreshing.
I wipe my face with one of these wipes... 
they feel so refreshing 
{just like the name}
and they also remove that little bit of dirt you built up while sleeping the night before.

I just started using this and so far I am loving the way it makes my eyes feel...
now that I am in my 30s I really need to start taking better care of my skin especially on my face
so this stuff is perfect way to start that.
I pat this under my eyes and also on my eye lids.

I absolutely love love love this stuff!
Yes it's extremely expensive but it is 100% worth it.
My skin feels so amazing after using it & it keeps my skin hydrated all day
which I really need...
after having both my babies my face is so dry!
I put this all over my entire face and I also use it on my neck.

This is for under your eyes and helps brighten them up
and it also is great for covering up those dark circles all of us moms have from those long nights
we are up with our babies!
I dab some on with the stick then pat it in with my fingers.

It's supposed to be used for keeping your eyeshadow from creasing...
I do use it for that on the days I use eyeshadow but on those days I just don't have time for it,
I use it as cover up on those pesky acne spots that I have.
The girl at the Benefit counter is the one who actually told me to do this & it has worked awesome!
I pat this on with my fingers {if you rub it in it just disappears, so pat don't rub.}

On the days I don't really need complete
and full coverage I use just my BareMinerals foundation,
it gives me enough coverage to even out my skin which is all I need on those
last minute outings.
This goes all over my face
and you can add as much as you need that's the beauty of this foundation,
so if you need a little more coverage on just one little spot you can concentrate it there.

This bronzer is awesome.
I love it and have used it since I was 18.
It gives me just the right little glow.
I sweep it across my forehead, along the sides of my nose,
on the apples of my cheeks and just a touch on my chin & neck.

I love this blush...
I got it for my wedding and have used it now for about 5 years.
It's the perfect color for my skin.
I just use this on the apples of my cheeks.

I love this mascara.
The brush is angled and it is also a flexible brush so it goes on really easily.
I only put mascara on the top lashes during the day.
I do not ever curl my eyelashes because they already touch my brow bone & leave little black marks
if I don't keep my eyes closed for a few seconds after applying my mascara.
{because they are so long. 
I know you can hate me for it, my mom does!}

I got this from Sephora as my birthday gift and I fell in love!
This stuff feels so good on my lips and it has just the right hint of color to give them a pick me up.
I just put this on my lips and I am good to go.

Here is the look put into action :) 
 photo braid_zps364a9b87.jpg
She's totally a momma's girl right now

I hope that this has been a little bit helpful in getting out the door fast when you just don't have time for yourself really but need to look somewhat put together! :)
My go to for quick hair is the side braid that I have done in the above picture.
I can do a tutorial for it on here for you if you'd like but I got mine from
Kate at the Small Things Blog here
and just continued it longer and put it into a messy bun.

 photo side_zps0a1b3965.jpg

55 comments:

Shelley said...

I love that braid/bun!!

nicole {bean} said...

such a cute pic

Typical House Cat said...

I love Too-Faced, also, you look great :)

Jess said...

I also love Dermatalogica! A beauty store was closing and had it 50% off, I bought 2 bottles and when I got home and told the hubs he sent me sck to buy them out of my lotion! He knew I would just have to get more in a couple months. Good hubby, good :-)

Lauren Jewett said...

Love the braid! And all your makeup tips and tricks. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!

Lauren
www.mypolishedsideblog.com

libbyuglesich said...

Thanks! I am a new follower of yours and love your blog :) so I plan on stopping by way more often!

Nicole Nenninger said...

Love the suggestions! It's so hard to pull yourself together when you have young kids. You manage to do it with style and effortlessness. Beautiful!

Michelle Nahom said...

I love your braid! And the baby wipe tip is great!

Vinma Joseph said...

Wow... this is just what I need when getting ready for work with my kiddies on toe :) Thanks. great list! Happy SITS day!

Adrienn said...

Great tutorial! I'm always happy to find little tips and tricks. Thanks for sharing, and love that little baby! Happy SITS day!

R Lieber said...

Does that eye brightener really work? I have dark circles (heredity and allergies more than non-sleep) and I have a really hard time finding something that will cover them.

Poppy said...

I love your pretty, girly blog!

nellie A. said...

These are great tips, never thought to use a primer for a concealer! Enjoy your SITS day!!

Sheila Skillingstead said...

I've never heard of Benefit but I'm going to look for that company. Thanks for the tips. They are very easy to use. Enjoy your SITS Day.

Jennifer Neel said...

I'm always in need of makeup, style help. Looking forward to following your blog! Happy SITS Day!

Melissa said...

Love your 5 minute make up look. Happy SITS Day!

Christa Graham said...

Great product suggestions! (Visiting from SITS!)

Mothering From Scratch said...

{Melinda} The results are beautiful! :) I'm kind of addicted to beauty products so thanks for the suggestions! :)

libbyuglesich said...

thank you :)

libbyuglesich said...

thanks for stopping by :)

libbyuglesich said...

thank you!!

libbyuglesich said...

aren't we all always in need of a few tips to make life easier?! ;)

libbyuglesich said...

oh their makeup is pretty amazing! I love their foundation + tinted moisturizer and pretty much everything I've used from them

libbyuglesich said...

it works every time! I loved getting that tip + had to share it with everyone else

libbyuglesich said...

thank you! :)

libbyuglesich said...

yes this eye brightener is pretty amazing! I love it! :) and the fact that it's natural makeup is even better!

libbyuglesich said...

thanks for stopping by and thank you... she's pretty sweet!

libbyuglesich said...

glad I could help! :)

libbyuglesich said...

thank you!

libbyuglesich said...

we all need help sometimes :) so this is a great way for me to help other momma's out quickly

libbyuglesich said...

thank you!

libbyuglesich said...

thank you so much! :)

kgstyle said...

Happy SITS Day! This is a fantastic routine. I barely go anywhere these days but I almost always do a little five minute routine. I love the Too Faced packaging and have not bought any of their products myself - i get so many mixed reviews.

Kim@Co-Pilot Mom said...

I love quick makeup tips! I am so often in a hurry to get out the door, but like to wear a little makeup.

libbyuglesich said...

it's always good to find tips from other people that might help you out!

libbyuglesich said...

I love too faced! they're great :)

kgstyle said...

I will try them..!

Melissa @ BklynLocavore.com said...

Love the makeup tips, especially the baby wipes. Would have never thought of it! I'm always 5 minutes late for everything in life so super handy!

NoSkinnies said...

Love the tips! I usually end up putting on my makeup in the car while waiting at traffic lights! HA Great post!

OneMommy said...

That is one cute baby pic! :)


Happy SITS day!

libbyuglesich said...

thank you :)

libbyuglesich said...

ha ha I think a lot of women do this!

libbyuglesich said...

it's really a great trick :)

Be Quoted said...

This is the perfect Natural 5 minute face. I love that it looks light and natural. You don't need much else. Love it. Happy SITS Day SITStah!

Miranda Pridgeon said...

So helpful! I never have enough time in the morning to do anything with my makeup. Reading this lets me know it's possible! I'm always looking for new makeup to try too!
Visiting from SITS

libbyuglesich said...

I don't think anyone ever has enough time in the morning... or any time of day for that matter!

libbyuglesich said...

why thank you!

Keia Blake said...

Love this! I am always rushing to get me and my baby out the door in the mornings! Happy SITS DAY!

Recreateanddecorate said...

I was one of those who would take an hour to get dressed since having kids, my oldest is 13, my makeup and hair routine has definitely suffered! Who has time when you have kids! Right!

Deb Devita said...

Great tips, I used to take so long with makeup but I have found that a little goes a long way.

libbyuglesich said...

glad I could help :)

libbyuglesich said...

thanks for stopping by and yeah I think we all lose 'ourselves' when we have kids.

libbyuglesich said...

oh yes it really does :)

Jean L said...

I love how totally sweet your baby looks in this pic. Makes me wish mine were little again. Happy SITS day late!

HomeJobsbyMOM said...

Great tips. I usually do about a 5 minute face most days. I tend to put a little more effort on the weekends though :)

Quote PiYo CHALLENGE PACK: DEFINE YOURSELF AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY OFFER!
Blogging tips