Home About Love Story Belly Shots Birth Stories Sponsor Contact

8.24.2012

10 Things about Darlene from Tales of a Young Momma

I am so excited to have Darlene from Tales of a Young Momma joining in on my feature.
She is a very fun momma, has an adorable son & a little girl on the way!
I am so glad that you are going to get the opportunity to meet her on my blog.
She truly is an amazing woman!
So I am pleased to introduce you to Darlene: 
Photobucket
Twitter:  @Darls10


1. Favorite snack food:
Crackers with sharp cheddar cheese or pita bread & hummus.

2. Favorite place you've ever visited:
This is a tough one- 
I absolutely LOVE to travel and have been blessed to be able to do this through out my life- 
just picking ONE is hard, 
but I'll go with Gotland. 
It's a small island off the coast of Sweden in the Baltic sea. 
I went there this past summer on our honeymoon/pre-baby moon with my husband and our two besties (who live in Northern, Sweden.) 
We took a 3 hour boat trip over from Stockholm 
(my other favorite place to visit!) 
and spent 4 days camping right on the baltic sea, exploring old castles, shopping, and relaxing. 
It was magical. 
At night it never got all the way dark 
(land of the midnight sun!) 
but the air would get all misty from the Baltic so it was like it was raining and sunny at the same time. 
Seriously so amazing.

3. Favorite movie:
I'm a total Twihard, 
YES one of those, 
so of course all the Twilight movies, 
Love the Harry Potter movies as well, 
Dirty Dancing and 
The Girl with the Dragon tattoo series 
(the ones in Swedish, but I'm super excited to see the American version when it comes out!)

4. Favorite childhood memory:
Oh gosh. 
Hardest question ever!! 
I feel like I had some an amazing, magical childhood, 
it's probably why I strive SO hard to give Jasper the best childhood, 
knowing it can probably never compete with mine! 
We moved and traveled quite a bit living in different countries when I was younger due to my dads job as a corporate traveling chef, 
so while I have crazy memories like riding elephants in Thailand 
and playing with our pet monkey in Bali 
(yes, true story) 
the fondest memories I have are of playing G. I Joe's with my older brother 
(I'm the middle of FIVE!) 
in the little stream next to our house in Ljusdal, Sweden. 
It was a daily occurrence in the summer and I loved being out in the summer, 
playing in the creek with him. 
We would catch tadpoles and little frogs and build little separate pools for them. 

5. Favorite candle scent:
Lily of the Valley.

6. Favorite way to travel:
Train!! 
Jasper and I take and have been taking the train from Denver, CO 
(where we live) 
back to Iowa 
(where Drew and my families both live) 
to visit family since he was 4-5 months old and I LOVE it. 
The train always rocks us both to sleep. 
Plus if we get bored we can get up and walk the entire train, 
many hours have been spent walking up and down the train to keep my busy little boy occupied. 
Plus we always meet/observe a lot of interesting people on the train!! 
When we lived in Sweden two years ago for 7 months we didn't have a car 
and spent 7 months traveling up and down Sweden and Norway. 
If you haven't taken a long distance train somewhere you MUST! 
It's the best/easiest/most interesting way to travel, especially with kids! 

7. Favorite Starbucks drink :
Ice Caramel Macchiato in the summer 
and Hot Pumpkin Spice Latte 
or White Chocolate Mocha in the winter.

8. All time favorite meal:
Swedish meatballs with au gratin potatoes with a side of cucumber salad. 
Or Swedish pizza! 
But since I can't get/make that here I'll go with the meatballs :)


9. If you could be on a reality show which one would you choose?:
Amazing Race! 
Drew and I say we want to do this someday- 
maybe even with our kids as they are older? 
They get to travel EVERYWHERE and doing it with your family would be the best vacay ever!

10. A fun fact about you:
I grew up living all over the world, 
different parts of the US, Sweden, Bali, Indonesia- 
and my biggest goal for our family is to move abroad again. 
It was the best experience! 



Libby Signature

No comments:

Quote PiYo CHALLENGE PACK: DEFINE YOURSELF AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY OFFER!
Blogging tips