Home About Love Story Belly Shots Birth Stories Sponsor Contact

1.15.2011

Hello

I am totally new to the blogging world so bare with me. I assume over time I will get better at it but for now you and I are going to have to live with my mistakes! I started this blog because I started reading different peoples blogs about decorating and couponing and I decided I wanted to blog also. My blog is not specifically geared toward anything specific for the fact that I just don't want to make it all about one thing. I am very excited to start though so I thought I'd say hello and tell you a little about myself and my family.


My husband, James Uglesich and I met through friends way back in 2007. (I know that wasn't that long ago, but it sure as heck seems that way! ;) We met at Sherwood Ice Arena because James was playing on a hockey team with my friend, Julianna's boyfriend (at the time) Phil. Well we were informed they were introducing us 5 minutes before we actually met. We went to dinner after the game at McMenamins next to the ice arena and from that moment on we were inseparable. I knew 2 days in that I was going to marry him and I told my mom that I was going to and guess what?! I was right!

First meeting

We were engaged only 4 months later on August 10th, 2007 in Disneyland at The Blue Bayou Restaurant in the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. I had always wanted to go there but was never able to as a kid so he did is as a surprise. At the end of the dinner he asked me if he could ask me a question without me getting mad or upset with him... which of course made me think something totally different than what he was actually about to ask! So he said, "Libby Wilson will you marry me?" Of course I said yes! I was so excited as soon as we left the restaurant I called my parents and told them but of course they already knew it was going to happen because he had asked my dad for permission to marry me, which is a totally respectable thing for him to do. I was very impressed! He really is an amazing man.

We're ENGAGED!

James and I were married on June 21st, 2008 in the Old Church on 11th & Clay, we had a traditional ceremony and then our reception was held up at the Oregon Golf Club. It was an amazingly beautiful day, the first one of that summer actually and I couldn't have been happier. Everything turned out exactly how I had pictured it. My mom and I worked extremely hard to get it to look and feel the way it did.

Wedding day

In May of 2009 we were very busy we bought our first home and both graduated from college. We were so very excited about all three of those accomplishments! And since we moved into our home I have been working very hard to get it to where it is now. (with a little help from the hubs of course!) But it is definitely still a work in progress. I have a list of things that I still need/want to do inside and outside and we will eventually get to them... hopefully sooner rather than later! But we'll see what happens now that Zane has made his appearance!

Our first house

On September 21st, 2009, I took the easiest test I've ever taken in my life and found out that James and I were going to be having a little Uglesich running around in about 9 months! We had never been more excited about anything in either of our lives. (not even for our wedding!) Not kidding! We found out that I was due on May 25th, 2010 and I was extremely happy because then I wouldn't be majorly preggers in the middle of the hot summer!

Baby Uglesich

My pregnancy was a journey to say the least to get to the day that Zane was born. I had the worlds worst morning sickness. (oh and whoever named it morning sickness is full of it! Because it lasted all day every day until the day that my boy made his way into this world!) I spent a good part of my pregnancy in the hospital receiving IVs because I would get so dehydrated from being sick constantly. (I couldn't drink enough water to keep me hydrated the boy was literally sucking the life outta me!) I also got carpel tunnel, the worst heartburn ever, horrendous knee pain, and high blood pressure in the end. Oh and don't forget that I was the size of a house by the time he was born!

37 weeks preggo

We actually found out that we were having a Zane instead of a Kai on January 14th, 2010 @ 9:04am and trust me we were absolutely thrilled! (we were both secretly hoping for a boy!)

It's a BOY!

May 21st, 2010 I woke up knowing that at midnight that night I would be induced and that my son would be born the next day no matter what and I cannot explain to you in words how freaking excited I was to finally be done being pregnant! I was so tired of it all... I was miserable to say the least and if you know me and were around me for the end of my pregnancy then you totally know why! Anyways I got up and went to the bathroom like I was doing every 5 minutes at that point. (even in the middle of the night!) And then I went back to bed and as soon as I laid down I felt a rush of water... and I looked at James and said um I think my water just broke or I just peed the bed which wasn't entirely impossible because no matter how much I peed I always had to go. But I just had this feeling that it was my water breaking because it didn't feel like wetting your pants does. (seeing as I had done that on one more than one occasion throughout my pregnancy!) So James got up and called the doctor and he told us to come to the hospital so James took a shower and I got dressed in my sweats and sweatshirt. Then we headed on down to the hospital. We were admitted into one of the screening rooms to make sure that you were actually in labor and proceeded to sit there and be monitored and tested for the next 2 hours as we called family and friends to tell them, "we think it's happening now and we'll call you as soon as we know for sure if it is!" Around noon they transferred me into a labor and delivery room because I was indeed in labor! Thank goodness... no induction for me! WooHoo! I couldn't have been happier... I really didn't want to be induced. (I've heard stories and it made me kinda weary!) So we called the family and told them that they needed to get to the hospital ASAP! I started to progress really fast and I started pushing around 4pm and I pushed for a good 3 1/2 hours before the doctor said ok we need to take you to have a c-section because this boy is just not coming out. (we found out later that he was face-up and coming out at an angle, so no matter how hard I pushed he wasn't going to budge!) I was a little upset about having a c-section but I knew the doctor knew best so I signed the papers and they whisked me away to prep me for surgery. Zane Timothy Uglesich was born at 8:35pm on May 21st, 2010. He was 8 pounds 7 ounces and was 19 inches long and absolutely perfect in every way!

Labor with my coach/hubby
Zane Timothy Uglesich
Right After Delivery

Jump to January 15th, 2011 and I am now a stay-at-home mom, to the cutest little boy, Zane and think that it is the greatest thing since sliced bread. (Seriously!) Being home with my son has been the best days of my life, literally! I wouldn't change it for the world. Watching how much he changes and develops every day is just so much fun, plus I don't miss anything this way. We have made a lot of sacrifices because of me staying home like having any extra money at all! But it is all worth it in the end. We have both decided that this is best for us and that we can have extra money later when we're old and gray. But for now we're dealing and trust me neither of us would change it for anything. We're both happy where we are, broke and all!

My little family

So there you have it. My first post... how did I do? Okay I hope. I hope you come back to get a little glimpse into my life! 

No comments:

Quote PiYo CHALLENGE PACK: DEFINE YOURSELF AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY OFFER!
Blogging tips