ER rooms & Surgery

So yesterday turned out to be unexpected! I woke up in the morning feeling fine and then I started to get some really bad cramps. I am menstruating so I just thought it was from that. But then they started to get worse, I got cold sweats, and then I started feeling really sick and threw up everything I had just eaten for breakfast. So I laid down on the couch and asked my husband to get me an oxycodone from when I had my C-section in May and a heating pad to put on my back/stomach. Well I laid there for about a half hour and it just got worse and worse and worse. And I had to keep going to the bathroom to throw up. So I told my hubs that I needed to go to the hospital because I felt like I had kidney stones, I had had them in 2005 and so I knew what it felt like and I was positive it had to be that since it was getting worse not better. So we got the boy up from his nap and jumped in the car and drove to the Emergency Room at St. Vincent's Hospital. When we got there it was even worse then when we left. I couldn't believe this was happening to me only 4 days before James is supposed to being leaving for 4 months! So I got checked in and then had to play the waiting game. All the while throwing up in the stupid blue bags they give you... and curled up into the fetal position on one of the waiting room couches. Luckily my mom was home and could come and take him to her house so he didn't have to spend to whole day at the hospital! He had a great time I hear.

Finally they called me back and I told them that I thought I was having another kidney stone. So they gave me some Zophran for the nausea and pain medication for the pain and ordered me a CAT-Scan. I got my scan and then they ordered me an X-Ray and did that right away, then sent me back to the room to wait for the results. They finally came to me with the results and guess what?! I had kidney stones. They told me that they thought I should have surgery to remove it since I have an infant at home and it could take a long time to pass it or I could even possibly have to go back to the hospital to have it removed anyway. So my husband and I talked it over and decided I should just have the surgery. So about 8:00pm last night I had surgery to remove the stone and put in a stint. I spent the night in the hospital only because it was so late when I got out of surgery.

My mom brought Zane back to the hospital when I got admitted into the hospital so that I could see him before I had my surgery. Well when he got there he looked at me and started to cry. I think it was overwhelming for him to be in a weird place and see his mommy laid up in a bed and not looking so good. I felt so bad for him! But he quickly got over it when his poppa and his other grandma showed up.  James took Zane home to put him to bed and James' mom went home and my parents stayed with me until I got back to my room. I got back about 10:45pm and was exhausted! My parents left and I went to bed.

I woke up about 7 this morning and ordered some food since I hadn't eaten anything since about 8 yesterday morning and had since thrown it all up! The nurse came in and went over all my discharge information and got me ready to go. James got there about 8:45am and we left about 10:00am to go home.

So I am now home just recovering and taking it easy. I am just tired and need to get rest so I will have help with me all day today. James will be here until about 1:00pm and his mom is coming over about 12:30pm so I am not alone and then my mom will be here about 3:30pm to help me for the rest of the afternoon.

I am so thankful to have such an amazing support system. I never had to worry about Zane being taken care of while I was in the hospital. And I always had someone with me waiting until I was out of surgery and we knew everything was ok! But please continue to pray that I heal ok and that getting the stint removed next week goes well. Thank you to everyone who prayed for me yesterday and had me in their thoughts! I am so blessed to have such amazing friends and family! I love you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww Libby I'm glad that you are ok. Surgery is no fun at all. Praying that you heal quickly and with little pain!

Blogging tips