Home About Love Story Belly Shots Birth Stories Sponsor Contact

2.09.2014

mac+cheese me recipe

The blizzard continues so when I needed to make lunch for the kids 
and myself yesterday I decided to make 
a homemade mac+cheese.
I found a recipe on Pinterest but I modified it for what we had
and for our tastes.



Here's how I made it::

8 ounces pasta (any kind will work)
pinch of salt
4 tbsp butter
3 large eggs
1 cup whole milk
3 cups x-tra sharp cheddar cheese
1 tsp flour
1/2 carton Mushrooms (or any vegetable or even chicken)
1 tsp Garlic seasoning

Cook the pasta according to the directions on the box 
(and don't forget to salt your water it's the only time you get to season your pasta)
While that's cooking grate the cheese.
Once the pasta is finished cooking 
(save a little cooking liquid)
and strain it
add 3 tablespoons of the butter to the pasta 
and mix until it's completely melted
and covers all the pasta. 
In a small sauce pan on medium heat add the milk, eggs, cheese and flour
and whisk until the cheese is melted 
and the sauce is smooth 
and has thickened.
Add your noodles to your sauce and mix... mix... mix!
In a pan sauté your mushrooms in the remaining tablespoon of butter
and garlic seasoning until golden brown.
I dished up the kids then added the mushrooms because both my kids hate them
but I wanted a way to cut down on the carbs 
and add some veggies to mine
ENJOY!

No comments:

Quote PiYo CHALLENGE PACK: DEFINE YOURSELF AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY OFFER!
Blogging tips