Home About Love Story Belly Shots Birth Stories Sponsor Contact

4.13.2012

10 Things about Kate from Call Me Kate

I am so excited to have Kate from Call Me Kate joining in on my feature.
She is a great photographer, has two enchanting kids & has a very cute husband, too.
I am so glad that you are going to get the opportunity to meet her on my blog.
She truly is an amazing woman!
So I am pleased to introduce you to Kate: 
Photobucket

Twitter: @CallMeKate

1. Favorite snack food:
Either fresh pears or Doritos depending on the juxtaposition of my diet and my motivation.

2. Favorite place you've ever visited:
That's a tough one because I love to travel
and I've been to some really amazing,
inspiring, fun places...
but really one of my favorite places to go is Grand Haven here in Michigan.
Lake Michigan beaches are breathtakingly beautiful 
and I love that it only takes me about a half hour to get to the beach.

3. Favorite movie:
Love Actually, Best in Show, Say Anything 

4. Favorite childhood memory:
I grew up on a farm and we went horseback riding on a daily basis.
Definitely a favorite childhood memory would be riding my horse by myself in the evenings 
and watching the sunset.

5. Favorite candle scent:
Lilac

6. Favorite way to travel:
Sail boat. Before we had kids my husband and I 
would take a sail boat around the Caribbean every spring.
I don't do well on planes, and I tend to get bored on road trips, 
but the water, now that's for me.

7. Favorite Starbucks drink :
I actually never go to Starbucks. 
I've been there maybe 3 times in my life.
I always go to little Mom and Pop coffee shops.
There's one in my town called Daily Brews and I love it.
Creaky wooden floors, live music, local art on the walls, it's cool. 
Oh and I love to get a Vanilla Latte with skim milk. 

8. All time favorite meal:
My mom's tortellini and mushroom casserole, hands down!

9. If you could be on a reality show which one would you choose?:
Wipeout! Have you seen that show?
It's hilarious!
I would love to be on that...
but I guess that's not really a reality show, it's more of a game show.
Does Project Runway count?
I'd love to be on that show because I think it'd be an amazing experience 
being in that intense setting and being pushed as an artist.

10. A fun fact about you:
On January 1, 2000 (I was 18 at the time) I moved across the county to Texas on a whim, 
by myself, with 1 months worth of pay in my pocket 
and what I could fit in my car.
It was an adventure!
The first room I rented was actually just a large pantry in a duplex 
and there was no heat in the whole place.
I got a job within a couple weeks 
and after a while was managing the office of a grocery store,
had my own apartment, put myself through a few semesters of community college 
and fell in love.
I ended up staying for 3 years. 
I learned so much about myself and what I'm capable of.
It was really a great time in my life!
Now I'm back in Michigan, 
married (not the TX guy) and have two kids.
I'm glad I got away on my own for awhile before I settled down...
I really needed sew some wild oats, ya know?


Photobucket


Libby Signature

1 comment:

ClaraCWhitsett said...

Such a cutie

http://goo.gl/MhaQA

Quote PiYo CHALLENGE PACK: DEFINE YOURSELF AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY OFFER!
Blogging tips