Home About Love Story Belly Shots Birth Stories Sponsor Contact

7.05.2011

Guest Post - Casey Wiegand

So excited to have my first guest post EVER and with the most beautiful person I have met through the blogging world so far, Casey Wiegand! She is truly a blessing to have met in this wonderful world of blogging. She has a beautiful soul and is one of the sweetest ladies ever. She makes me smile whenever I read her posts. She has an amazingly gorgeous family and is always posting adorable pictures of her two babes that are so cute you just want to eat them up with their hypnotizing blue eyes. She is also an amazing artist and I hope someday I am honored enough to have one of her awesome paintings hanging in my home. I am honored to know her and call her my friend. Go check her out on her blog The Wiegands, I know you will fall in love with her too! Enjoy her beautiful words...

Hi! I guess I should introduce myself! I am Casey Wiegand and so completely thrilled to be guest blogging today. I'm a stay at home, mama of two...in hopes of two or three more and a freelance artist. I tend to talk a lot on my blog about my perspective on life, faith, kids, marriage with touches of art, creative inspiration, projects and things I love along the way. This is me!!

Photobucket

And this is my sweet family

Photobucket

I thought so much today about what I should write about! So I decided to take bits of a few of my favorite past posts and create a mini gift to you! Who doesn't love a gift after all :)?

God tends to speak the most to me while I am driving...or maybe it is just that is when I am listening best....I had a crazy summer and everything that went on in my personal life resulted in me turning to Jesus like never before, it was a whole new Jesus to me. He is real to me in a way I never imagined. It's crazy but suffering really is beautiful, it makes us lovely
It creates a closeness with Jesus (if you allow it to) that is like nothing else.

Ever since this summer I find myself thinking of heaven often. Have you ever heard that as believers we should preach the gospel to ourselves every morning? We know these truths but to say them out loud and to truly live them, really let them become who we are. Today I was driving thinking "It's okay that we let people down & everyone let's us down...because our hope should be elsewhere...in Jesus". Then, Carrie Underwood's song came on (I know, I am getting cheesy on you guys)...but it was exactly where my thoughts were at that moment.

This is our temporary home
It's not where we belong
Windows and rooms that we're passin' through
This is just a stop, on the way to where we're going
I'm not afraid because I know this is our
Temporary Home.

How refreshing is that to think about? We were not made for this place, but for the next. What a great hope we have. It doesn't have to be perfect here, because it will be in heaven

My theme word for this year is peace.

"When you decide to live out what you believe. When you decide you want peace in your possession, then you will find out what that looks like & feels like. You begin to pray for God to give you peace. You incorporate peace in your relationships. You decide to respond differently. You speak in love. Act in tenderness. You imitate what you know about peace until it becomes a reality for your character & your life."

It is so convicting. Dying to your desire. Dying to your flesh. "How can I return Your love with my life?'

"He restores what has been broken & heals what has been wounded. I don't have peace because I figured it all out. I have peace because I believe in Christ."

I will leave you all with this..

Love well, give grace & mercy well. Forgive well. Life is hard.

We don't need all the answers because we have kingdom hearts.

libbysignature

2 comments:

kinze said...

amazing view ... just what i need to remind myself of daily ... that this is just our temporary home. hope you had a fantastic fourth ... libby and casey :)

Tracey Lynne said...

I LOVE what you left us with.
Thanks Casey!

Quote PiYo CHALLENGE PACK: DEFINE YOURSELF AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY OFFER!
Blogging tips