Home About Love Story Belly Shots Birth Stories Sponsor Contact

7.31.2012

A little update: what's going on with us

We have been really busy with summer fun activities so I haven't been posting much. We also have some other things going on... so I thought I'd give you a small update.

1. Being almost 7 months pregnant during the summer has not been fun even though here in Oregon we haven't had a sweltering summer... it's still been hard on me. Lilah is doing great. I had an appointment a couple weeks ago {at 24 weeks & I am almost 26 weeks} and she was measuring 28 weeks which is WAY bigger than what the doctor was expecting. He said he thinks it's just the space she is in that is that big and not her but if she continues to measure that big we will probably be doing another ultrasound to measure and see if we need to get her out early! I am hoping she is not huge! I want a tiny baby girl... but we'll see what happens. I will love her no matter what so whatever happens I will be happy.

2. We have decided to put our house up for sale and try to get out of our tiny 2 bedroom house & into a bigger house that we will fit in. It is something we have been talking about doing for a long time now. We do not like the location we are in either... we kind of jumped into our house too fast and regretted it once we decided to have kids. So here we are now, I am pregnant with our 2nd child {& almost in my 3rd trimester} and we are going to put our house up for sale and try to move to the other side of town. I don't know if we're crazy or not but it will make us happier to be in a new location and a bigger house that will fit us much better. Only problem is our market for selling houses here in Oregon is AWFUL, & we cannot afford to lose money on our house. So we will see if we can get the amount we need for our house in order to get out. We also have to rent a storage unit and put half our stuff in there so that we can make our house appear bigger, get the carpets cleaned & give a really good deep clean, so that it won't be so hard to keep it clean for when people want to come look at it.

3.  Zane is growing and learning so much right now. He's learning his ABCs & how to count to 10 right now and is doing amazing! He's also got his 2 year old molars coming in so we've had some rough times... not bad nights just days of whining and crying and just being a pistol. Because at 2 life is so, so hard! We also bought a toddler bed for him and he's not ready at all for it, we tried it for one or two nights and we ended up putting him in his crib only a 10 - 20 minutes later because he was at the gate crying and "saying no bed, crib momma." So we will be trying it again in a few weeks since his sissy is going to need the crib when she gets here.

4. We have a cat {don't know if I've ever mentioned that before.} and she is driving us bonkers. She pees on the floor all the time even though we {James} has just changed the litter box or if we have clothes on the floor in the laundry room to be put in the washer she will pee on the clothes instead of walking 5 inches to her litter box. It is so annoying! We have actually started to think about getting rid of her because if we do move into a new house we don't want to deal with that in a brand new {to us} house!

That's just a little bit of what we are dealing with.

Libby Signature

2 comments:

Samantha {Moody Mama} said...

Im glad you are doing well minus being pregnant in the summer (I'm with you due in 3 weeks).

My almost two year is staying in his crib we just bought a new one for Sissy.

The cat sounds like my dog he is peeing every where only since I got pregnant so I would guess that's her problem. It sucks I know!

mandy @a sorta fairytale said...

Lady, I get all of what you're saying!! We bought our house last year, but the whole process was a nightmare. We were supposed to close last September so we gave notice at our apartment at the end of last summer. Well closing got pushed back, so we had to move all of our stuff to storage and move in with my Mom. (I was 6 months pregnant at the time). We finally close on our house in November and we had to move, paint and get ready for baby all in my last trimester. It was pretty tough and stressful, but I'm really glad we did it!! It has been SO worth it. You just have to do what is best for your family... and so you are doing the right thing! Also? I had a 5 y/o chihuahua and when we moved into our house- he started peeing everywhere and was acting out. Not to mention, Bennett was really rough with him and I didn't feel comfortable with that (it wasn't fair to my poor little dog) -so we found a new home for him and although I miss my dog, he is MUCH happier now. I keep in touch with the new owners and they send me pictures and give me updates. I feel really good about that decision to rehome him. And so... again... you have to do what is best for you guys! And crap, I just wrote a book! All this to say - I can totally relate! I've been there and I know it's not easy!! Keep doing what you're doing girl!

Quote PiYo CHALLENGE PACK: DEFINE YOURSELF AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY OFFER!
Blogging tips